Thursday, January 25, 2007

Driving diet update: Get to know a coworker!


Ok, so after a week of feeling at a loss about how I can cut down my commuting miles without spending 5 hours a day on the bus, another option has presented itself: Carpooling! My lovely coworker Traci lives fairly nearby (Eagle Rock) but strongly believes in the cause and suggested that we give it a try. She doesn't mind swinging down a bit out of her way to Los Feliz to pick me up and the best part is, she drives a Prius! Not only are we taking one car off the road, but I get to share in her lower emissions glory. Geez, I couldn't ask for a better carpool buddy! So far she's graciously done all the driving since my MPG doesn't even come close to hers, but she says it helps alleviate her guilt about working on the westside. We've ridden together twice this week, and we're hoping to do it 1-2 times a week. It's much less of a hassle than you might think, (we just talk the day before and see if our schedules sync up) and chatting makes that hour go by faster and takes the edge off fighting the traffic. See if any of your coworkers live close or along your path to work and give it a try! Now if only there was an actual carpool LANE on the 10...

No comments: